Saturday, March 23, 2013

Reality Blog Award




I've been nominated for an award by the lovely Carol Bevitt, at carol-bevitt.blogspot.fr - which is how it appears on my screen, though she's not in .fr but in .uk - the mysteries of modern science.

To earn my award I have to answer some questions, so here goes:

If you could change one thing, what would it be?
What, only one? In this whole world? I'll start close to home.
I have an inordinate ability to put off writing when it's the one thing that gives me most satisfaction and pleasure: why do I do that? Perverse, I suppose. Like my ability to put off exercising when I know I need it for my health. Perverse again. So I think I'll just opt for changing my perversity!

On a national scale, the idiocy of the House of Commons where debate is rarely any more than a bunch of bragging kids blaming the other side for getting it wrong now, or historically, but never saying, 'Well, how about if we all just discussed this rationally and came to a joint conclusion?'

If you could repeat an age, what would it be?
Not sure I would: at any stage in life we are the sum of the years before, so if I went back to 25 or 35, I'd still be the same person. If you're asking when was I happiest, I don't know: what if that time hasn't come yet? Why go back, when I can go forwards?

If the question means, what would I do differently, the answer is nothing - how could I, being the person I was then, without the knowledge I have now? And even knowing what I now know, would I guarantee to get it right? No - I'm human, and the choices are always innumerable. You make the decisions you make at the time, given the information you have at the time.

What one thing really scares you?
Running out of money.

If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
Well that's the joy of being a writer (when not procrastinating perversely): I can be anyone I want to be, any time, any day, just by writing in another character's voice. I have a cast of thousands inside me, and I can think like them, and do what they need to do, and use their words, to my little heart's content.

Now I have to nominate someone else's blog for the award - I may add to this list later, but for now, my nomination goes to:
 www.mystripybook.com
©lms 2013



1 comment:

  1. Great set of answers, Lorraine. What you say about becoming your own characters is so true - I even hold conversations between mine on my walks. Yes - aloud!

    ReplyDelete